Go Down

Topic: Tip for mounting boards together. (Read 219 times) previous topic - next topic

Alan_B

I was looking around my garage and storage places for a suitable piece of material to mount all my boards, etc. when it suddenly dawned on me - I should be thinking "old school" and not trying to be so technical.

So, I went down to my local store and for less than £2 I bought a kitchen breadboard. (I'm old enough to know why electronic 'breadboards' are called just that).

And so, I give you - Breadboards on a breadboard.

Chagrin

I've never seen a breadboard like the one you have at the lower left. Where did you find that?

Alan_B

Hi Chagrin.

I'm not sure. It's one of the older ones that I own.

I have had several different types over the years.

But if you do an internet search for "Breadboard with Terminals" you will find it available from several suppliers. (Note, the LCD screen is my own addition).

Hope this helps.

Alan.

Riva

I've never seen a breadboard like the one you have at the lower left. Where did you find that?
You can get them from Maplin, very handy for some of the ESP8266 breakout modules that end up the same width of normal breadboard so you cannot patch jumper wires directly.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

Alan_B

Yes Riva. It can be obtained from several sources - both in the U.K. and also worldwide.

Given that the guy who made the enquiry is from the U.S. I was thinking that he might want to buy it from one of the many good American stores online.

Go Up