Go Down

Topic: Serial via max232a 4800Baud 7E2  (Read 372 times) previous topic - next topic

retexas

"That approach,"  I need code samples to work with, Otherwise I'm just hunting and pecking.

mixographer

Hi, 

What I was trying to say was that there are two different ways to do serial comms and you seem to be confusing them. There is 'Serial' and 'SoftwareSerial.' They're different. SoftwareSerial take 1 parameter which is the speed.  Serial can take an additional parameter to set the format and parity, like 7 bits/even/2.

jimmy

AWOL

Mar 15, 2015, 08:47 am Last Edit: Mar 15, 2015, 08:49 am by AWOL
Hi,

What I was trying to say was that there are two different ways to do serial comms and you seem to be confusing them. There is 'Serial' and 'SoftwareSerial.' They're different. SoftwareSerial take 1 parameter which is the speed.  Serial can take an additional parameter to set the format and parity, like 7 bits/even/2.

jimmy
But there's absolutely no reason you can't improve SoftwareSerial to be compatible with HardwareSerial.
You have the source.

Otherwise I'm just hunting and pecking
You'll do that a lot whatever you're learning - I don't see a problem with that.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

mixographer

I agree, I was just clarifying what I had said.

Go Up