Go Down

Topic: Hasselhoff Light Jacket Replica (Read 5380 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi all,

for some time I have been searching for a light jacket just like the one David Hasselhoff wore at the Berlin Wall.
I have searched the internet for some time, but the origin of the jacket and places to buy jackets like that remain unknown.
Obviously it was tailormade for Hasselhoff. A few months ago I decided to rebuild a jacket like that and I finally came across the Arduino Lilypad, which made me think there might be a feasible solution.

The jacket:
http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/2qn9

I have no problems with the sewing, but I have to wrap my mind around which LEDs to use and which would be the best wiring on the jacket.
I also have the question what the maximum number of LEDs would be possible to use without bursting into flames.

Once I have a rough plan of the necessary steps, I will be able to get some help from my buddy who is an electrical engineer.
But any help on needed equipment would be greatly appreciated so I can at least buy the stuff and sketch the wiring.

I figure, the wiring will be somewhat more complicated if I want to use Multiplexing.

Any help greatly appreciated

AL

luxxnatura

If I were you I would prototype some custom printed circuit boards that could be chained together to create a matrix across the jacket. 
New Media, E-textiles, Wearable Technology:  www.erinlewis.ca

Twitter: @luxxnatura

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy