thanks for all the input:
i see : NOT USE STREAM, NOT USE EVENT.
@holmes4 / Mark
3. Completely wrong! See the blink without delay example and Finite State Machines in in the playground
i understand that delay is bad, i try without, but the job:
ask a question " pls. give a setpoint; default 12.46: "
- i must wait for operator input,
- but check also on a timeout,
- check if the number provided is good,
- use a default number if not
+ and do something with that input
_____ while all this i can not go back to the main loop ( i think)
as much i hate to block all other jobs in main loop
thats why i started testing about the serialEvent.
and regarding this i do not understand your answer? you have seen code what can do that?