Go Down

Topic: Is it possible to send full $GPGGA line via GSM? (Read 618 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to send full $GPGGA line via GSM?  :|

Yes, a full $GPGGA string is about 75 characters so you can use SMS, Email, FTP or what ever else you like.

Can you tell me a little bit more about what you are trying to do?

Jan 27, 2013, 09:24 am Last Edit: Jan 27, 2013, 10:30 am by IceScream Reason: 1
i want to send only the line of $GPGGA using GSM every 5 seconds.... ... is it easy? :P

i'm using arduino board with 2 hardware uart

is it easy?

Sure. Your first project should have been about reading data from the GPS. That would have rated about a 3 on a scale of 0 to 10.

Your second project should have been about sending text messages and receiving responses. That would have rated about a 7 on a scale of 0 to 10.

This project is about combining those two projects. It rates a 0 on the 0 to 10 scale.

I would start by reviewing some of the code examples and libraries that you can find here.

Here is a GPS library. It takes most of the data from the $GPRMC string but it should have what you need. You could modify this code to use $GPGGA.

Or you could use a GPS library and this one works very well.

For transmitting over GSM here is a library you can try. I have never used this one but it is a place to start.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131