Go Down

Topic: Arduino not responding via serial communication (Read 856 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

One thing that comes to mind is that most ESCs require a specific startup 'arming' sequence before the ESC will except servo commands and turn on motors, it's a safety feature so you don't have spinning props turning on when you first power up the ESC/motor combination. I see no such ESC arming function in your sketch?

Lefty

PaulS

Which Arduino are you using? Have you measured how much free memory you have?

That's a lot of code, and variables, for anything less than a Mega.

UKHeliBob

Nothing to do with your problem, but I am interested what the esc_calib() function does.  All it appears to do is to run each motor slowly in turn for 1 second each.  How is the calibration achieved ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

retrolefty

Nothing to do with your problem, but I am interested what the esc_calib() function does.  All it appears to do is to run each motor slowly in turn for 1 second each.  How is the calibration achieved ?

That may indeed be the ESC arming sequence need for his specific ESCs, set 0% throttle for at least one sec? However he has commented out the calling of that function in his sketch?

Lefty

zoomkat

I can't get your code to compile to test, so I suggest you check the amount of memory your code is requiring. Also, you probably need to put some degugging steps in the code to send expected info back to the serial monitor for verification. Have you been able to arm your ESC using simple serial test code?
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Go Up