Go Down

Topic: Servo motor range only 90 degrees? (Read 4196 times) previous topic - next topic

In the text the servo motor is supposed to give 180 degree of motion, even suggesting cutting out a "half circle" to make the dial on.
My servo is only giving me 90 degree motion, which is supported by the picture on page 69 giving only a quarter circle for the dial.

Anyone know which one is supposed to be correct? or which is working for you?

retrolefty

In the text the servo motor is supposed to give 180 degree of motion, even suggesting cutting out a "half circle" to make the dial on.
My servo is only giving me 90 degree motion, which is supported by the picture on page 69 giving only a quarter circle for the dial.

Anyone know which one is supposed to be correct? or which is working for you?

Not all servos can actually move a full 180 degrees, that is just an assumption the arduino servo library uses. Perhaps a link to your specific servo may shed light on the topic?

Lefty

the servo is the one that is included in the starter kit.

on further study there is an obvious number on it that is a product code (SM-S2309S) that states movement of about 60 degrees on the data sheets, so its just incorrectly stated in the book.
next time I might actually look at the component...

Thanks

retrolefty

the servo is the one that is included in the starter kit.

on further study there is an obvious number on it that is a product code (SM-S2309S) that states movement of about 60 degrees on the data sheets, so its just incorrectly stated in the book.
next time I might actually look at the component...

Thanks

Well the datasheet I found doesn't give the total travel range. http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/springrc/sm-s2309s

The spec listed:
4.8V: 0.12 sec/60°
6.0V: 0.10 sec/60°

Is a speed specification telling how many degrees it can move in so much time at what operating voltage.

The total range specification is shown as:

Rotational Range:   ? (add)

Lefty

That's the exact model # of the servo listed on the arduino website (arduino.cc)! You can read the # on the sticker on the photo of the servo! Just look up "servo" -- there's only a couple! They list the range of movement as 180 degrees! It's right there on their site! I'm about to order one based on the assumption that it's accurate! I hope it is!

Go Up