Go Down

Topic: Ethernet Webserver with dynamic data updates (Read 224 times) previous topic - next topic

komalhm

Hi,
I don't have much knowledge about web page designing and java scripting. I have used the Ethernet Web server example to control IOs from a client pc, however I would like to know if it is possible to update the data values automatically on a web page stored in the web server without sending a request from the client, for eg. to monitor values in the webserver on the Arduino continuously on a client PC without refreshing the web browser or sending a request using a button on the web page.

Thanks.

myggle

komalhm

Hey,

The example in the above post doesn't have a webserver implemented. Please help me with a weberver example which automatically updates values in the client browser without the need of refreshing the complete webpage.

Thanks.

zoomkat

Mar 11, 2016, 08:03 am Last Edit: Mar 11, 2016, 08:05 am by zoomkat
Please help me with a weberver example which automatically updates values in the client browser without the need of refreshing the complete webpage.
Generally speaking, web client/servers don't work that way. Web servers generally do not "push" data to clients, clients request data from servers. You can embed a frame in the main web page that updates without refreshing the main web page. There are other more complex ways of doing similar setups.
Google forum search: Use Google Search box in upper right side of this page.
Why I like my 2005 Rio Yellow Honda S2000  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWjMvrkUqX0

xl97

I agree with Zoomkat here..

Its not things 'normally' work..

you can write some sort of automated 'polling' though (ie: not having to use/click a button manually)..

using AJAX or other 'timed' function execution..

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy