Go Down

Topic: I2C not working (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

HazardsMind

Did you delete your LiquidCrystal_I2C library and install the new one? What IDE are you using, 1.0.3, and where did you put it?
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

devobitch

hi
i renamed the old library and put the 2004LiquidCrystal_I2C.rar (unrared) in the
library fold and renamed it to LiquidCrystall_I2C

i tried the example in the example folder and got the same error
i am useing arduino 1.03 and tried arduino-0023

devobitch

HazardsMind

Renaming the old folder is not going to solve the problem, you need to get rid of it entirely, move it to your recycling bin.

If needed ill give you my library, but I will need your email address. Send it to me in a personal message.
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

devobitch

hi 

ok deleted the folders
now i get this

error compiling

In file included from HelloWorld.pde:3:
C:\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C/LiquidCrystal_I2C.h:81: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void LiquidCrystal_I2C::write(uint8_t)'
C:\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

heres my email mark_robare@charter.net

thanks

PaulS

ok deleted the folders
now i get this

error compiling

In file included from HelloWorld.pde:3:
C:\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C/LiquidCrystal_I2C.h:81: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void LiquidCrystal_I2C::write(uint8_t)'
C:\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

You have several issues. First, user downloaded libraries do NOT go in the core library folder. Doing that causes all kinds of issues.

The pde extension is for pre-1.0 versions of the IDE. You appear to be using one with post-1.0. Why?

Go Up