Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Led matrix..  (Read 385 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,
Excuse me I am French so i apologies if i do some vocab mistakes.
I actually am on a project which consist to program 8 matrix of leds to print messages with arduino, the problem is : I never used this software and i suck in electronic so i would like some help to at least begin this project and understand how it works.
Thanks.

Cape Town South Africa
Edison Member
A newbie with loads of posts, and still so much to learn !
View Profile

Bienvenue !

First get an Arduino board, and work through the examples, you will soon get to know the software, and also get to know a bit about electronics, so you dont suck at it .

Then you can try your project with confidence.

Bonne chance!

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

View Profile

Thanks if i have questions i will just ask.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

You have multiple 8x8 LED matrixes? (or some similar size)
The MAX7219,$1.25 at taydaelectronics.com, is a great chip for driving those.  You can daisy chain many together,  or address each one seperately, and make it very easy to send a message stored in an array, or in Program Memory (Flash memory), to MAx7219s for display.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: