Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino micro stopped working.  (Read 510 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, here's what's happening. When I connect my micro to computer it shows up, but after a while it disappears, and does not show again (as a different COM) as it used to. I've checked on other usb ports and computers.
What can be the cause of this behaviour? Something with bootloader?

View Profile

It also stop running last program, that i uploaded on it.
If it helps it also gets pretty hot (the chip and pins) when i try to run it off 9dc adapter.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

How long until is disappears?

Other than the 9v source, what else is connected?

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

View Profile

About 6 s, then it disappears and the onboard led stops blinking (on led is still on)

Midi socket, mono 3,5 jack socket, some switches (toggle and a footswitch, total of 5 pullup_input), RGB led (common catode), 10kpot and everything is in aluminum enclosure.
Both sockets had nothing pluged into them when it stopped working.

Before it stopped working, I was just tweeking part of the program which changed functions used with switches. It worked on usb but when i pluged 9v dc i had some issues. Last one of them was led turning on randomly and some tx, rx blinking.

View Profile

OK, case solved!
Unsoldering everything and holding reset button till upload starts worked. I uploaded blink, and now computer sees arduino on both temporary and permanent COM.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: