Go Down

Topic: How to reset Arduino UNO without pushing reset button? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

creativen

I would like to reset my Arduino UNO

In most cases you can do it just by closing and reopening the serial port. But why do you want to reset it?

I just would like to take control my Arduino without touching it, it's cool if I can reset from distant afar.

PaulS

I just would like to take control my Arduino without touching it, it's cool if I can reset from distant afar.

The question is why? Opening and closing the serial port resets the Arduino, unless you've modified. That seems sufficient to me.

PeterH

it's cool if I can reset from distant afar.

If being 'cool' is your only reason then I don't see any point. It's not as if you will get to see those LEDs flash briefly as it resets. And what other reason would you have for wanting to reset it?
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

tuxduino

liudr

Just be sure your arduino board is one that has a WDT friendly bootloader such as the current UNO, as older and current mega boards for example will 'brick' with short WDT interrupts, requiring you to reburn the bootloader to recover.

Lefty

So how to software reboot MEGA then?

Go Up