Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: A new Arduino Q&A site  (Read 3502 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

There is a site proposal  -> http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/49538/arduino for a new Arduino Q&A site similar to Stack Overflow under the Stack Exchange network.

It is something that can work alongside this forum to solve problems with Arduino's. It in no way replaces a forum, but instead creates a new platform for objective oriented questions and answers with minimum noise. If you are interested, you can follow and support the proposal. The more the merrier smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:44:16 pm by ashrj » Logged

View Profile

UPDATE : The proposal has got 46 followers and about 17 example questions. It is moving forward at a good pace.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

Bah.  Dilution of mindshare.  I already regularly read here and at Adafruit, and feel like I should read Sparkfun; there's a limit to how many websites I'm willing to visit on a regular basis, to cover one subject...

View Profile

Bump! Arduino stack exchange needs you! We now only need 2 followers!

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Agree with westfw.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

View Profile

We now have 62 followers !

We only need about 20  good questions to move forward.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Also agree with westfw

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

I don't understand the purpose of that Q & A site, what is it for? Just a hobby for someone?

Cheers,
Kari

The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

Dubai, UAE
Edison Member
View Profile

My 'hobby' site had 24,000 hits this month. I did put some effort into original content - now theres an idea for a site !

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

Portland, OR
View Profile

FYI: This proposal was already made last year, and then after reaching completion, it was closed down by Stackexchange moderators/staff, because it would dilute users away from the Electronics Stackexchange, which already has an active community answering Arduino-related questions.

View Profile

Yes. I am aware. Things are being actively discussed. We have had some communication with SE employees as well. They will take a call on this proposal only when it reaches the next phase of the process. However, it has been observed that this proposal is different, wider and we are targeting a much wider audience than before.

Alamos, Sonora, Mexico
learning never stops.
View Profile

I agree with westfly...

As a new user to Arduino, I find the whole process of getting Due advice and libraries difficult enough (forums, github, hobby sites, vendor sites, ebay ads). Keep the mindshare whole.

Quiero una vida simple en Mexico...nada mas.

Portland, OR
View Profile

Dilution of content is indeed an issue for Arduino community (although less so than many other tech fields).

That said, I think this Stackexchange proposal for an Arduino site will definitely be useful in certain aspects -- Stackexchange emphasizes content creation and curation in a way that is future-reader-friendly. So this will result in more signal-to-noise ratio, community-voted answers, and less redundancy, but also quicker access for any information an Arduino user might be interested in.

View Profile

The site proposal is now in the commitment phase! Its one step away from a beta launch  smiley

You can turn this proposal into a site by going over to the page and clicking on "Commit!"

Portland, OR
View Profile

Seems you guys are already nearly half-way there -- wow, that's fast.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Jump to: