Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Do some measures with arduino  (Read 361 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi,

I'm measuring some DC voltages with my multimeter. But now i would like to pass that values to the computer. I'm thinking to buy an Arduino Uno to do that, but my signal is really low (from 30 mV to 100 mV). I need to measure 6 of these values simultaneously. It is possible to do that with Arduino ?

thank you

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

You have only one A/D converter, so simultaneous readings are impossible on an Uno.
Readings are normally around 100us apart. This may or may not be a problem for you.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

View Profile

So what you are saying is that it's impossible to measure 6 DC voltage signals of 35 mV each using the 6 analog input pins of the board ?

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

So what you are saying is that it's impossible to measure 6 DC voltage signals of 35 mV each using the 6 analog input pins of the board ?

No, AWOL is saying that without extra hardware it's impossible to read six inputs simultaneously. The closest you could get would be to take six readings about 100 uS apart. Is that close enough to 'simultaneous' for you?

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

No, I'm not saying it is impossible to perform six readings, I am saying it is impossible to do it simultaneously without additional hardware.
With a 1.1V reference, your resolution would be around 1.07mV.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

You could get 6 x ADC chips which use I2C or SPI, and get them to start reading for you. The SPI one I used a while back did a reading every couple of microseconds.

You can configure the ADC converter on the Uno to run faster at some sacrifice to precision (change the prescsaler). You can double the conversion time and only lose one bit of precision, from memory.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: