Go Down

Topic: Capsense instrument problem! (Read 696 times) previous topic - next topic

caskes

Hey guys,

For an assignment on my university i have to make a creative instrument. I want to make a capsense instrument with 3 wires but i have a problem with it. Everytime i touch one of the wires, a tone should be played. But when i touch a wire the tone keeps playing, even when i am not touching it anymore. Can someone help me??

here is my code:

#include <CapSense.h>

CapSense   cs_4_2 = CapSense(4,2);        // 10M resistor between pins 4 & 2, pin 2 is sensor pin, add a wire and or foil if desired
CapSense   cs_4_6 = CapSense(4,6);        // 10M resistor between pins 4 & 6, pin 6 is sensor pin, add a wire and or foil
CapSense   cs_4_8 = CapSense(4,8);        // 10M resistor between pins 4 & 8, pin 8 is sensor pin, add a wire and or foil
int tone1 = 120;
int tone2 = 140;
int tone3 = 160;

void setup()                   
{
  cs_4_2.set_CS_AutocaL_Millis(0xFFFFFFFF);     // turn off autocalibrate on channel 1 - just as an example
  Serial.begin(9600);

pinMode(11, OUTPUT);

}

void loop()                   
{

long start = millis();
  long total1 =  cs_4_2.capSense(30);
  long total2 =  cs_4_6.capSense(30);
  long total3 =  cs_4_8.capSense(30);

Serial.print(millis() - start);        // check on performance in milliseconds
  Serial.print("\t");                    // tab character for debug windown spacing

Serial.print(total1);                  // print sensor output 1
  Serial.print("\t");
  Serial.print(total2);                  // print sensor output 2
  Serial.print("\t");
  Serial.println(total3);                // print sensor output 3

delay(10);                             // arbitrary delay to limit data to serial port

if(total1>300)    analogWrite(11,tone1); else digitalWrite(tone1, LOW);

if(total2>300)    analogWrite(11,tone2); else digitalWrite(tone2, LOW);

if(total3>300)    analogWrite(11,tone3); else digitalWrite(tone3, LOW);

}

PaulS

Code: [Select]
  if(total1>300)    analogWrite(11,tone1); else digitalWrite(tone1, LOW);
  if(total2>300)    analogWrite(11,tone2); else digitalWrite(tone2, LOW);
  if(total3>300)    analogWrite(11,tone3); else digitalWrite(tone3, LOW);

tone1, tone2, and tone3 are not pin numbers.

caskes

What can i use instead, then?
sorry, i am just a beginner  :~

PaulS

What can i use instead, then?

You used a pin number in the analogWrite() call. Why not use that same pin number in the digitalWrite() call?

caskes

I tried that too by writing this piece of code:

if(total1>300)    analogWrite(11,tone1); else analogWrite(11, LOW);

if(total2>300)    analogWrite(11,tone2); else analogWrite(1, LOW);

if(total3>300)    analogWrite(11,tone3); else analogWrite(11, LOW);

but then it only plays the last if-statement :s

PaulS

Actually, I don't understand what you are doing. analogWrite() takes a pin number and a value between 0 and 255. You don't even call analogWrite() unless the value is greater than 300.

What is connected to pin 11?

caskes

you are right, i changed the analogWrites to digitalwrites, but the problem is still there. Connected to pin 11 is a Piezo buzzer which should play the 3 tones comming from the 3 wires. But it only plays the tone from the last if statement. Do you have any idea how to solve this?

ash901226

how does the value between 0 to 255 make tone?
are you using the tone function from arduino if so you cant make the arduino simultaniously turn on all three tone...
its have a limit of only one tone at a time and must be followed by a notone b2 the next one can be activated.

caskes

I am not using the tone from the library, i just assigned a 3 different values to them. But i think the problem might be in the if statements since i say: digitalWrite(11, LOW); maybe this turns the speaker off for the first two statements. I dont what i can use instead

ash901226

the do the long way around use a truth table 3 input 1 output

total 1   total 2   total 3        output tone
   0           0          0
   0           0          1
   0           1          0
   0           1          1
   1           0          0
   1           0          1
   1           1          0
   1           1          1

fill in the output tone that you want it to sound
consider that 1 is when totalX is higher then 300

that is if you want it to give only one sound
if you want it to sound in a sequential way use the blink without delay to change between tone 1 to tone 2 to tone 3

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy