Go Down

Topic: Arduino Ethernet board not running Blink (Read 585 times) previous topic - next topic

dgordon

Hello All,
I'm running into problems running Blink on an Arduino Ethernet board.

• I'm using USB2Serial Light to load the board.

• The correct driver appears to be loaded (Provider = Arduino LLC, Date = 11/15/2007, Ver. = 5.1.2600.0).

• The Power Happy Lamp is on.  Powered from USB.

• The USB cable is known good (works in other applications).

• When I release the Reset button, the LED on Pin 13 lights, then fades off (not a solid On, then Off).

• The upload appears to work (no errors).  As the Upload is happening, I see the Tx and Rx LEDs blinking on the USB2Serial.

• After the upload, there is no change in the LED.  No blink, nothing.

• If I power fail the board, Power and Pin 13 LED come on, Pin 13 LED Fades out, then nothing.

I haven't included any drivers for the Ethernet device in Blink.  Could this be hanging the code?
The documentation states "NB: Pins 10, 11, 12 and 13 are reserved for interfacing with the Ethernet module and should not be used otherwise."  On the schematic however, it looks like Pins 14 - 17 are actually used.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Doug

James C4S

It is a resistor and LED.  I wouldn't call that power "happy".  More of a "something is there" light.

Are you blinking the right pin?

LED: 9. There is a built-in LED connected to digital pin 9.

I haven't included any drivers for the Ethernet device in Blink.  Could this be hanging the code?

No.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

tulipman

Hello All,
I'm running into problems running Blink on an Arduino Ethernet board.

• I'm using USB2Serial Light to load the board.

• The correct driver appears to be loaded (Provider = Arduino LLC, Date = 11/15/2007, Ver. = 5.1.2600.0).

• The USB cable is known good (works in other applications).

• When I release the Reset button, the LED on Pin 13 lights, then fades off (not a solid On, then Off).

• The upload appears to work (no errors).  As the Upload is happening, I see the Tx and Rx LEDs blinking on the USB2Serial.

• If I power fail the board, Power and Pin 13 LED come on, Pin 13 LED Fades out, then nothing.

The documentation states "NB: Pins 10, 11, 12 and 13 are reserved for interfacing with the Ethernet module and should not be used otherwise."  On the schematic however, it looks like Pins 14 - 17 are actually used.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Doug

The on-board LED on the 'Arduino Ethernet' is connected to pin 9, so put that value in the code (instead of 13) and Bob's Your Uncle!!

Cheers
Robbert / PA3BKL

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy