Go Down

Topic: Cellphone+Bluetooth+Arduino+Small LCD screen (Read 5075 times) previous topic - next topic

jocoj100

As I sad before, it's height is twice bigger than I have the space, in my rev counter, so this wont fit.

Can I use these LCD's from motorcycle's dashboards, I know that they are graphical, but can I connect them to Arduino, and using some of existing graphics libraries display data on it?

jocoj100

I just found this LCD, on Mouser, when I remove the plastic isolation, it would fit, and only question what is left, is it hard to wire, because it's parallel?

http://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Newhaven-Display/NHD-0108BZ-RN-GBW/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt7dcPGmvnkBqg%252bvlcFh2lCzUSIotV%252bnq0%3d

Feb 04, 2013, 10:38 pm Last Edit: Feb 05, 2013, 03:37 pm by teckel Reason: 1

As I sad before, it's height is twice bigger than I have the space, in my rev counter, so this wont fit.

Can I use these LCD's from motorcycle's dashboards, I know that they are graphical, but can I connect them to Arduino, and using some of existing graphics libraries display data on it?

The entire board is 25mm x 25mm, but the display is MUCH smaller, even than the other model you listed.  If I remember I'll measure it tonight, it's about 1cm high by 2cm wide, about a quarter the size of the one you linked to.  Like I said it's REALLY tiny.  It also has a simple I2C interface.

Tim
Arduino - Teensy - Raspberry Pi
My libraries: NewPing - LCDBitmap - toneAC - NewTone - TimerFreeTone

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy