Go Down

Topic: Cellphone+Bluetooth+Arduino+Small LCD screen (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

jocoj100

Hi!

First this is little introduction in my problem:
I like to riding the motorcycle and sometimes that rides can take sometimes couple of hours, and meantime I keep my cellphone in the jacket and I can't see is someone calling me, or did I recived SMS.

So I've got the idea to use arduino and bluetooth module to on some way simulate the headset, and when someone is calling me to display that data on the small LCD screen.

I tried to google it, but I couldn't find some article or something where is someone built the arduino to simulate headset.

So does anyone know is this possible to do, and how hard it is?

Thanks!

PaulS

I like to riding the motorcycle

I do to.

and sometimes that rides can take sometimes couple of hours

Or days.

and meantime I keep my cellphone in the jacket and I can't see is someone calling me, or did I recived SMS.

Leave the cell phone at home. End of problem. You want to ride or you want to talk on the phone? Stay home of you want to talk on the phone.

power7net

Jan 30, 2013, 06:21 am Last Edit: Feb 03, 2013, 03:00 pm by antkan Reason: 1
Yes arduino friend this is possible with android smartphone , Bluetooth shield ,arduino and LCD screen. I create an android application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.sms.bt  IO sms Bluetooth when receive sms send to arduino bluetooth.I created for bike riders another application Detect call Bluetooth.Look inside my site www.power7.net
Web / sms / bluetooth / arduino / android remote control. Home Automation projects.
http://www.power7.net

teckel

Jan 30, 2013, 06:42 am Last Edit: Jan 30, 2013, 06:56 pm by teckel Reason: 1

Hi!

First this is little introduction in my problem:
I like to riding the motorcycle and sometimes that rides can take sometimes couple of hours, and meantime I keep my cellphone in the jacket and I can't see is someone calling me, or did I recived SMS.

So I've got the idea to use arduino and bluetooth module to on some way simulate the headset, and when someone is calling me to display that data on the small LCD screen.

I tried to google it, but I couldn't find some article or something where is someone built the arduino to simulate headset.

So does anyone know is this possible to do, and how hard it is?

Thanks!

A $7 OLED display and a $7 bluetooth would work perfectly for this project. I'd do it with a Teensy 2.0 to keep everything super small.  You'd need a bit of Android app experience, but it would be a simple project.  And, now that you bring it up, sounds like a good winter project for me before bike season starts when it warms up here.

Tim
Arduino - Teensy - Raspberry Pi
My libraries: NewPing - LCDBitmap - toneAC - NewTone - TimerFreeTone

jocoj100

First of all, thank you on suggestions.

This thing with android isn't bad, but problem is that I don't have android phone, and also I'm planing do the same thing for my friend.

Is it possible to make this without any apps on cellphone, I want to Arduino behave like an ordinary bluetooth headset?

Thanks!

Go Up