Go Down

Topic: USPS out to kill hobby shipping (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Look at this - USPS just raised rates for flat rate shipping of small boxes by $7!
Was $16.95, now $23.95.

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10150&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=13

And yet iteadstudio can send me a set of cards via registered US Airmail for $8.

Gonna have to see if small padded envelopes are any cheaper ...
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

vasquo

WTF USPS!   
Not even an advance warning. 40% to 54% increase!

BTW, Thanks Crossroads for this headsup. I need to raise my shipping rates ASAP!

teckel

Look at this - USPS just raised rates for flat rate shipping of small boxes by $7!
Was $16.95, now $23.95.

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10150&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=13

And yet iteadstudio can send me a set of cards via registered US Airmail for $8.

Gonna have to see if small padded envelopes are any cheaper ...

We should privatize the post office and normalize the salaries of the lazy employees.  We have MANY shipping options now, there's no need for a government postal service.  I'm sure Ron Paul would agree.

Tim
Arduino - Teensy - Raspberry Pi
My libraries: NewPing - LCDBitmap - toneAC - NewTone - TimerFreeTone

vasquo

Their pension costs are out of control. That's what's killing them.

I am just so mad about this. I didn't expect increases will be this large for International shipping. 40 to 50+%%% WTF. This will affect my International sales. FUUUCCCKK!!!

teckel

Their pension costs are out of control. That's what's killing them.

Exactly!  Eventually, everyone will vote conservative, once they're no longer ignorant.

Just went to the PO today.  SLOW, FAT, LAZY... And probably make twice I do, with a pension when I get ZERO pension.  Yet, they work for ME?  Insanity!  You liberals out there can BITE ME! ;-)

Tim
Arduino - Teensy - Raspberry Pi
My libraries: NewPing - LCDBitmap - toneAC - NewTone - TimerFreeTone

Go Up