Go Down

Topic: how to get started with stepper motors and hall effect sensors (Read 276 times) previous topic - next topic

Jan 30, 2013, 04:34 am Last Edit: Jan 30, 2013, 04:49 am by graniteman74 Reason: 1
I am trying to build a machine for cutting out sinks here at my granite shop.  I am pretty handy with the mechanical side of things but this is my first project to get involved using arduino.   I don't know where to start so i figured I would reach out and see if one of you out there could help me get this ball rolling.  I have built a machine that will rotate 360 degrees and follow a template of the sink cutout. What I need to do next is figure out the best way to incrementally drop the router bit down a specific amount after each rotation of the cutting .   I am thinking of using a stepper motor that would rotate a number of turns ever time a hall effect sensor would sense a rotation.   If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate your expertise...  

PeterH

I have built a machine that will rotate 360 degrees and follow a template of the sink cutout. What I need to do next is figure out the best way to incrementally drop the router bit down a specific amount after each rotation of the cutting.

Can you use a mechanical system that uses the movement between your rotating machine and some fixed point to work a screw adjuster?
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up