Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pin 13 on an Arduino Pro  (Read 320 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have an Arduino Pro (OK it is an OSEPP, but they appear to be the same) but I can't get read any switch inputs on pin 13 to the serial console.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I figured I would start here and then move to another place if needed.

Everything I've read implies that you need a 10K resistor wired to ground on a switch in pin 13 and then it should work OK, but I can't seem to get any digital read output at all on the serial console.

Any advice you can provide here would be greatly appreciated.  This is the second board I've tested on and they both do the same thing.  It works perfectly on my Uno, so I'm wondering if there is something different on the Pro causing the problem.

Thanks.

Toledo, OH
God Member
View Profile

I have an Arduino Pro (OK it is an OSEPP, but they appear to be the same) but I can't get read any switch inputs on pin 13 to the serial console.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I figured I would start here and then move to another place if needed.

Everything I've read implies that you need a 10K resistor wired to ground on a switch in pin 13 and then it should work OK, but I can't seem to get any digital read output at all on the serial console.

Any advice you can provide here would be greatly appreciated.  This is the second board I've tested on and they both do the same thing.  It works perfectly on my Uno, so I'm wondering if there is something different on the Pro causing the problem.

Thanks.

Sounds like a problem with the board you're using.  I'd guess an actual Arduino Pro would work, but your derivative Arduino has a bug.

Tim

Arduino - Teensy - Raspberry Pi
My libraries: NewPing - LCDBitmap - toneAC - NewTone - TimerFreeTone

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Read this before posting a programming question

Your code?

Corinth, TX
View Profile

Code would be good.  Also, are you 100% sure that the wiring (and code) you're using on the Pro is *identical* to the wiring you have working on the Uno?  Have you tried to blink the onboard LED that is connected to pin 13 (in a separate sketch, of course)?  Try using the example blink sketch for that, if for no other reason than to verify that pin 13 is working at least for output.

View Profile

We decided to use analog pin A1 as a digital pin (D15) and its working great now!

Toledo, OH
God Member
View Profile

We decided to use analog pin A1 as a digital pin (D15) and its working great now!

My guess is that board has pin 13 wired to the LED incorrectly so it can't be used as you want.  Or, whatever they have connected to that pin (LED & resistor) is causing a problem.  I typically never use a pin that has an LED attached unless it's a last resort.  I've talked to many people that have problems using the LED pin even on official Arduino boards.

Tim

Arduino - Teensy - Raspberry Pi
My libraries: NewPing - LCDBitmap - toneAC - NewTone - TimerFreeTone

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: