Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno R3 (Read 805 times) previous topic - next topic

pylon

I agree that it's way easier to implement encryption on the PC. If it's a WLAN it's done already by the manufacturer, if you use serial communication it's still much easier to encrypt before sending out and decrypt while receiving.

The Arduino has quite limited resources (CPU power, RAM). What kind of encryption did you have in mind? DES? AES? BlowFish? What data rate do you expect to achieve? In your first post there wasn't one word about encryption, what other important information did you forget?

Chonghan90

Hi

I found a website did encryption in a simple way: http://extremeelectronics.co.in/avr-tutorials/rf-communication-between-microcontrollers-%E2%80%93-part-iii/

Are TX/RX used between PC and Arduino same as used in TX/RX pin(pin1 and pin2)?

pylon

Are TX/RX used between PC and Arduino same as used in TX/RX pin(pin1 and pin2)?

For all Arduinos except the Leonardo this is correct. The Leonardo is doing the USB stuff internally (the processor used there has USB hardware on chip) and therefore the hardware serial (USART) is free for your use (it's Serial1 there) even when connected to the PC for debugging.

Chonghan90

Hi

Thanks pylon, i think i know it d, i had discussed with my lecturer already. I will not use the microcontroller while only using the RF module for transmitting and receiver via usb serial port.

The aim is to make a unique and high level of Encryption.

Thanks to all who helped me.

Go Up