Go Down

Topic: returning from a statement (Read 969 times) previous topic - next topic

Boffin1

I know  999 , I thought I would go out on a bang with a confused posting!  

I have been up since 3am trying to get the rough idea of this sketch together, and I get my functions and statements mixed up at the best of times :-(

I havnt actually written anything yet, apart from some of the subroutines   er I mean functions :-)

Basically does an if statement return to the part of the sketch immediately after the statement ( in other words to the first line that would have been if the statement was false ) ?

and if I use "else"  ( and the statement is true ) would it rather return to the first line after what it would have run had the statement been false ?

If this doesnt make sense I will write a bit of sample code to try / post.
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Nick Gammon

An "if" doesn't really go anywhere, so seeing your code will help answer your question.

Nick Gammon

Congrats on becoming an Edison member!

Boffin1

Thanks Nick,    Edison is very confusing with simple code !

I will post somethng when I have got it written ( if I am still confused )  perhaps half an hour on the stoep on my hammock will help :-)
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Boffin1

Jan 30, 2013, 10:36 am Last Edit: Jan 30, 2013, 10:38 am by Boffin1 Reason: 1
So now I start to write a test using blink in the background to make sure its running :-

Code: [Select]

// int timing = LOW;
//int vtState = LOW;
int number  ;

void setup() {                
 number = 2;
 pinMode(13, OUTPUT);  
Serial.begin(9600);  
 Serial.print(' number =  '); Serial.println(number);
}

void loop() {
 digitalWrite(13, HIGH);   // set the LED on
 Serial.print(' number =  '); Serial.println(number);
 delay(1000);              // wait for a second
 digitalWrite(13, LOW);    // set the LED off
 delay(1000);              // wait for a second
}

and when I run even this, the serial out on the monitor ( at 9600 ) just shows 82242 every second,  with no text , even in setup.

The LED is blinking OK so the chip is OK.

Edison looks like its going to be interesting ............

Go Up