Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Musical floppy drives  (Read 4596 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

These are my musical floppy drives:

The 40 drives are powered by the Arduino mega. There are two channels. I know, I should have made 4 or more, but at this time I just implemented 2.

In my YouTube channel, you will find more songs I've played on floppy drives:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevilsChild133742

And the project site, of course: http://dev-ch.com/coding/projects/floppydrivemusic

Have fun smiley

Collegno, Turin
Arduino lovers
View Profile

coool project man!!

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

The 40 drives are powered by the Arduino mega. There are two channels. I know, I should have made 4 or more, but at this time I just implemented 2.

Pretty cool accomplishment. However I strongly suspect that the PC power supply is doing the powering of that project and the Arduino is just doing the controlling of the project? That may sound picky but a lot of people (especially beginners) have trouble separating those two functions and assume they can place a burden on the a Arduino board that it can never met.

Again cool project and sorry for one of my pet peeves.

Lefty

View Profile

Edit: Ah I see your point now smiley-grin Okay, lets say the drives are controlled by the Arduino smiley-grin
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:23:33 pm by DevilsChild » Logged

View Profile

Ok, I am new to arduino, I am getting a arduino mega Rev3 and I would like to know if I have to change the pins on the code for the floppy discs.

View Profile

I am wondering if I have to do anything different on arduino Mega then the Uno.
I am thinking that I have to change the pin # in the codes for a musical floppy drive sense the Uno has less pins then the Mega

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

The project was posted using a Mega, you say you are using a Mega, what would you change?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

well, most of the videos use Uno.
The digital pins on the uno are like 1-20, I cant remember and megas pins are like 20 45

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Uno pins from 0 to 19.
Mega pins go from 0 to 53.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Alright so i have got a Micro in stead of mega. I finished the Moppy project and it seems to be working but when ever i load midi files, it always plays the bass, or never plays at all. Here is a video of my Moppy drive trying to play i need your love by calvin harris or something

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: