Go Down

Topic: Twitter library 1.3.0 connection failed. (Read 2086 times) previous topic - next topic

I have a Arduino Uno R3 with ethernetshield(W5100), Arduino IDE 1.0.1. My program has a webserver and a fixed ip address (  and I created some buttons on a website to execute some functions, that works fine. In one of the function I want to post a message to Twitter. I use the Twitter library 1.3.0 from here http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/TwitterLibrary. I followed the instruction. When the arduino has a fixed ip (Ethernet.begin(mac,ip);) the connection fails. When it gets an IP from DHCP server(Ethernet.begin(mac);), connection is succesfull. Does anyone know why it fails when I use a fixed IP address? I want to use a fixed IP so I can forward an external incoming port to the fixed ip of the arduino.

Some DHCP servers will allow you to reserve a specific IP address for a device given it's MAC address.
That way your arduino Ethernet shield would get the same IP every time. Maybe your DHCP server can do that ?

Quest UK

You may like to look at the answer I received to a similar problem.

It may help?

good day! can I ask how did you do that? I'm having a problem in connecting to the internet. I followed all the instruction in this site http://arduino-tweet.appspot.com/. Unfortunately, I can't have any post on twitter. The serial monitor always say "connecting ..." . Thanks a lot!

I added : byte gateway[] = {   192, 168, 1, 254 };
and changed: Ethernet.begin(mac,ip); to Ethernet.begin(mac,ip, gateway, gateway);
I also found that sending same messages twice are blocked by twitter.

My shield unit is ENC28J60 Ethernet Shield. Does it work using that library? I read some posts and they said that there's something in this unit and it's not compatible with this library. thanks!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131