Go Down

Topic: multiple solenoid valves working together ( multiple pins to be set as output ) (Read 3727 times) previous topic - next topic

UKHeliBob

Look at this tutorial on shift registers to see how to output multiple on/off signals using a minimum number of pins.  Add more shift registers until you have enough outputs to control your solenoids.

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

PeterH

the problem is with the shift register stuff

What is the problem with 'the shift register stuff'?

and by the way maybe the use of mosfets not the best idea therefore we are planning on using solid state relays   

You're going to buy one hundred SSRs, really?
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Hani

Look at this tutorial on shift registers to see how to output multiple on/off signals using a minimum number of pins.  Add more shift registers until you have enough outputs to control your solenoids.

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut

thanks

Hani

You're going to buy one hundred SSRs, really?

well what do u suggest? .... i think u are asking questions more than answering and helping me!!

PeterH

well what do u suggest? .... i think u are asking questions more than answering and helping me!!

I've already explained how I'd go about it and what you need to know, but you apparently didn't follow, and didn't even manage to Google the terms in my description which you didn't understand. And yes, I'm questioning your decision to use 100 SSRs and I wonder whether you have budgeted for that sort of cost, because it seems like rather expensive overkill to me.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Hani

which terms that i should google!! u didn't give me anything to follow..u r just questioning! ...... nd i asked u what do u suggest to user better than SSRs ?! by the way the budget for our graduation project is on our faculty... but u tell me what to use instead 

PeterH

which terms that i should google!!

Whichever ones you didn't understand when I suggested you should use a single Arduino using shift registers to drive your large array of driver circuits, and you replied "What does it mean?".

Hani

a hell of an answer!! couldn't u just say so! thanks for the help .... it's late :P but thanks anyway.... and just put in mind that not all of us are CLEVER as your self and it wouldn't harm you to give a direct answer :D .... thanks again

PeterH

Reason that I didn't give you a 'more direct' answer in the first place is that firstly the answer I gave you should have been enough for you to understand the outline solution I was proposing, if you'd been bothered to make any attempt to work out the parts you didn't understand and secondly, this is a project that YOU are supposed to be designing - my questions (about use of SSRs) were intended to direct your attention to areas of your proposed design that seemed questionable. What, you think you're entitled to have the answer handed to you on a plate, just because you ask for help?

Nothing you're saying so far gives me any confidence that either the hardware or software required for this project is within your capabilities, and you're showing no willingness or ability to figure any of it out for yourself.

Hani

why r u assuming that i didn't "google" my problem"s" first!! ... and i am not expecting the answer on a plate .... what am i expecting is what you would expect if u had a question and asked someone..... a 'direct answer' .... who told u that i don't know that the SSRs is much more expensive than an IRF504 mosfet (that's the one we will be using in fact)??! ..... my question was not about the drive.... it was about the arduino .... 

PeterH

why r u assuming that i didn't "google" my problem"s" first!!

Because you replied:

what does "single Arduino using shift registers to drive your large array of driver circuits" mean?

There were only a few concepts in my suggestion, and they were all easily searchable, yet you apparently did not understand any of them. For example, if you could not find what the term 'shift register' meant then either you didn't try, or your ability to use Google is truly appalling.

Hani

that was not the things i googled ..... why do i google this and break each term apart just to get what u mean???! ... why can't u just tell me what u mean?......

PaulS

why can't u just tell me what u mean?......

Why can't you put the damn phone down, and use a real computer to post?

Why can't you use capital letters like an adult?

Why can't you spell words out properly, like an adult?

Why can't you quit whining and get on with YOUR project?

Groove

And why is it people who exhibit extreme parsimony when typing common words like "you" and "are", then overcompensate with excess punctuation?
Per Arduino ad Astra

PeterH

that was not the things i googled

If my answer contained terms that you did not understand then you should have tried to work out what they meant. A few seconds with Google would have told you. You don't need the answer spoon-fed to you. The whole point of your education is to teach you to figure things out and solve problems for yourself, not just to parrot answers that other people have given you. It seems to me that you've started down the path of having other people implement your project for you - you don't seem to be taking responsibility for solving these problems yourself, you're just winging that the help freely given by strangers isn't obvious enough.

Count yourself lucky that you weren't born a few decades earlier. Google and online community support makes this sort of thing massively easier than it used to be, and yet it seems to me that you just can't be ar$ed to make the effort for yourself.

Go Up