Topic: Arduino Due consumption (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Docedison

Did you Ever look in the mirror?

Bob
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

AWOL

Children, please take it somewhere else, the grown-ups want to talk.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

teckel

Feb 01, 2013, 07:56 pm Last Edit: Feb 01, 2013, 08:01 pm by teckel Reason: 1

Thanks caption obvious!  I'm fully aware that the microcontrollers are different.

Are you sure?  Maybe I misread your initial statement.  "If the Due is anything like the Uno" made it crystal clear you didn't.

What I was talking about was how Arduino designs their boards, not the microcontroller.  

Again, you demonstrated how you didn't know the differences.   At the board level the Due uses switching regulators while the Uno uses linear regulators.   That's fundamentally different.

You misread my statement as you suggest.

To clarify my point, if you're looking for a low/battery powered platform, the Arduino "shield" boards are not the platforms to work from.  They're also far too large and expensive.  They're great for tinkering by a novice, but not good at all for a real-world solution.  Once you move from a blinking light sketch to a commercial product, you won't have a good use for the Arduino "shield" platforms.  I can name many commercial products based on the ATmega chip, but how many Arduino-based commercial products are there?  I hope that clarifies my statement.

Tim
Arduino - Teensy - Raspberry Pi
My libraries: NewPing - LCDBitmap - toneAC - NewTone - TimerFreeTone

Go Up