Go Down

Topic: Problem with AD7193 and SPI... (Read 498 times) previous topic - next topic

Anx2k6

Hi, I'm trying to communicate with the AD7193:

http://www.analog.com/en/analog-to-digital-converters/ad-converters/ad7193/products/product.html

but having no success - I can initialize the device by sending 40 1's in a row as the docs describe, but I am unable to get more than one command from it, and it seems to hang afterwards.  I've attached a screen cap from my logic analyzer, and I think everything in the SPI communications looks correct.  In the screencap, I make the same request twice - the command is 0x60 which requests a read of the ID register (page 21 of the datasheet), and returns one byte, the top 4 bits are irrelevant, and the bottom 4 bits should contain 0010 (0x?2).  I've tried two of the same AD7193 boards, and I've also tried an Uno and Mega, and they all show the same behavior, and return 0xA7 the first time, and are unresponsive until sending the 40 1's in a row again.

The device runs Mode 3 (datasheet page 8/9), and I've tried their library which I converted to use the hardware SPI library Arduino comes with, I've tried the Arduino SPI library directly, and I've also tried SoftSPI, all with the same results.

Really at a loss here as to what the issue might be, so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Go Up