Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tic Tac Toe vs. AI  (Read 598 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey Arduino forum,

As my first major Arduino project i am making a Tic Tac Toe game that allows the player to play against an AI. I'm using the mega 2560 with an Adafruit LCD tft shield. I have very little experience coding, and using functions. Currently i have written the code for a person to play against the computer who will randomly select an available section of the grid unless, A. The user has 2 pieces in a row or, B. The computer has two pieces in a row. While the code sorta works, i know with my insane amount of if statements that i am not writing the code nearly as efficiently or well as i could be, I will attach my code on to this post. Thanks very much, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also i am very sorry if this is the wrong place to post this type of question, if this is the case could you guys please direct me towards where it should be.

* PrototypeDefAttack.ino (27.77 KB - downloaded 7 times.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:30:21 am by Sperry » Logged

Lost Wages
View Profile

I wrote a Tic Tac Toe program a million years ago on an 8080 CPU-driven SBC. Mine was competitive and would never lose (tied a lot, though).

A thought -- there are only three first moves: corner, side, or center.  You can write the code to "rotate" its thinking to adjust for which corner or side is first selected. This reduces the code when being competitive.

I await the code...

View Profile

I had thought about that rotating strategy but didn't really have an idea how to implement it (I''m not really good at programming). That's pretty awesome though that you wrote a program that couldn't lose. Also I'm attaching a file with the code to this post, because the code itself is to long to be posted

* PrototypeDefAttack.ino (27.77 KB - downloaded 7 times.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: