Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tinyos bluetooth bee  (Read 1156 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi,

I bought a bluetooth bee and xbee shield from tinyosshop.com (http://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=90 and http://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=bluetooth%20bee&product_id=338)
I tried to configure the blutooth bee with the AT commands (http://www.tinyosshop.com/datasheet/Bluetooth%20Bee%20manual.pdf), but it doesn't give any response.
Does anyone know how to configure the bluetooth bee, or just how to get it to work?

Thanks

Norfolk UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Did you try to configure this while plugged into the arduino or the PC. If arduino then was the shield configured for UART or D2/D3 pins.
What sketch did you use to try and configure it (assuming arduino connection)
Did you flip the DIP switch before powering the device on?
The manual you linked to says...
The current version of the module only supports AT commands used to set the baud rate.
The default baud rate for this module's AT mode is 38400bps. For regular use, the default
baud rate is 9600.   
What baud rate are you trying to set?

View Profile

Did you try to configure this while plugged into the arduino or the PC. If arduino then was the shield configured for UART or D2/D3 pins.
What sketch did you use to try and configure it (assuming arduino connection)
Did you flip the DIP switch before powering the device on?

I tried to configure while plugged into the arduino. The shield was configured for UART.
I used an empty sketch, the baut rate set to 38400 and both NL and CR.
The DIP switch was flipped and I want to set the devive to slave-loop(AT+ROLE=2)

Norfolk UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

If you send just AT or AT+UART? do you get expected reply?
I think the device defaults to slave mode, could you emulate slave-loop mode within the arduino.
The documentation says you can only change baud rate in AT mode but later on has this...
If you want two Bluetooth Bee work together. One of it must be set as Master and the
other one be Slave.The 2 modules must have same pair number(default :1234) and Baud
rate setting.
Step1:Set one Bluetooth Bee as Master
Turn  on  AT  switch  and  then  power  on  the  module  to  entering  AT mode  and  send  AT
command.
AT Command:
AT+CMODE=1                 
AT+ROLE=1       
that implies you can change other than the baud rate. Confusing to say the least.
Maybe someone else has a similar module and they can confirm what's true.

View Profile

I also have the Tinyos bluetooth sheild.

I seem to be able to pair the bluetooth device with my laptop. It creates two ports com4 and com5. I've tried sending text to it via putty. I can see some activity on one of the LEDs on the shield, but neither the rx or tx LEDs on the arduino get activated and my sketch does not receive the text.

I have the switch set to UART (pins 0 and 1) not pins 2+3.

I don't need to use the AT command to change the baud, because it defaults to 9600 buad for normal use. I thought i'd try it anyway, but that also does not work. It seems like the bluetooth bee is not communicating with the Arduino.

Does anyone have one of these working?

Steve

View Profile

Just noticed the website talks about a pullup on DIN. Could this be the problem, if so how should it be connected?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: