Go Down

Topic: ControlCore Visual Programing Environment for Arduino (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

kd7eir

Feb 02, 2013, 01:35 am Last Edit: Feb 02, 2013, 01:38 am by kd7eir Reason: 1

How much code space does a minimal useful ControlCore application use?

The ControlCore firmware takes about 48K, and a big program (100 I/O 10 control loops and misc logic...)  ~5k

Would the system be Open Source? Free to use?

ControlCore is not open source, the IDE programing environment is free, however each device will need to be licensed ( about 10$ / license ) .

Your welcome to give our IDE a spin, no hardware required, you can set the environment on simulate, and get a feel for how to program in ControlCore.

Download The basic version here

http://www.isquared.ca/

With the plethora of FREE Arduino programming alternatives, including a few graphical versions, I seriously doubt that you will get much traction with a per device licensing scheme. 

adamstgBit

Feb 02, 2013, 05:34 am Last Edit: Feb 02, 2013, 05:46 am by adamstgBit Reason: 1

With the plethora of FREE Arduino programming alternatives, including a few graphical versions, I seriously doubt that you will get much traction with a per device licensing scheme.  

Thank you for you comment. we suspected a licensing scheme might be frowned upon by an open source community. Perhaps a kick starter campaign would work better? I can't find any free graphical Arduino programming alternatives. Modkit appears to be 50$. We are looking for places to expand, Arduino seems like a gr8 product we could work with, but we simply cannot offer everything for free...

Osgeld

a licence per device would kill me, when I make a widget at work its 10-25 of them

like recently I made a simple device that read a byte from the serial port / USB and controls upto 8 3 amp 24 volt SSR's, then returns a byte giving the status of upto 8 PLC inputs so we can interface our PLC mechanical world to our C# PC world

I made 20 of them, that starts to get costly considering I can say "stuff it" to the automation staff, and write it for free in C

Go Up