Go Down

Topic: Is anybody using UCGS (Universal G Code Sender) with an Arduino? (Read 232 times) previous topic - next topic

giovanniguerra

Is anybody using UCGS (Universal G Code Sender) with an Arduino? It sort of works with my adapted G-Code reader but I can't find any help on the control panel of UCGS.

It seems that after the execution of a g-code the program expects an "ok" reponse, but I can't find out if that needs to have an \n on the end or not.

Also I can't see documented what "override speed" means, or the thumb twiddle thingy which is by default is at 60. 60 what?

I've googled till my goolies fell to the floor. I must be missing something obvious.

For the moment I simply want to send a few gcode commands slowly to the machine....

giovanniguerra

"Is anybody using UCGS (Universal G Code Sender) with an Arduino?"

Presumably not...

Dave_P

G codes 6 years ago if I remember right needed a (.N) at the end of a line. Are you using this on a
zero turn type robot, if so I think you would need a (C rotation axis) please don't shoot me if this is
not correct " 6 years ago if I remember right " REMEMBER would be the operative word, might have
been the 60's were a little too good to me  :o

giovanniguerra

I don't think they need a .N, unless you mean newline.

I've given up on the UGCS, I can't find out how to use it and so can't find out if it is useful to me. I'll write my own, I only need to send a small subset of the complete g-code language.

Thanks anyway.

Dave_P

Just taking a shot in the dark that the links below might be useful.

Universal Gcode Sender Download - Softpedia

Initial Setup Problem - Darkly Labs Forum (Archived)

Universal G Code | OpenBuilds

giovanniguerra

Just taking a shot in the dark that the links below might be useful.
There does not seem to be a place where the GUI is explained.

Thanks again, but I'm not using it any more...

Dave_P

Can you forward me what you were having a problem with. My friend might be able to figure it out. The software you were using is something he can download. I would be happy to share with you what he finds out. Then you could use it as a backup if needed.

giovanniguerra

Thanks, but as I said I'm not intending to use it any more.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy