Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: interfacing arduino mega GPS shield from open electronics  (Read 236 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello!

i am using GPS shield from open electronics and interfacing it with arduino mega 2560. the GPS module is MTK2.0.
i have written the code (provided by open electronics for interfacing with arduino; ignoring the accels section  as i dont need that). all the connections are done. these are:
ICSP of GPS shield  ...with ICSP of arduino mega
GPS1 connector of GPS shield.................with GPS modem
GPS2 connector of GPS shield................with power connections (5v, 3.3v and gnd with the same connectiors of mega 2560)
 GPS2 TX pin..................................................with pin 11 (Software serial RX)
 GPS2 RX pin..................................................with pin 10 (Software serial TX)     

the code has been compiled. but when im uploading the code, it has stucked on th estatus of "uploading" and the "Done uploading status is not being achieved" . i have selected the board and serial pot accordingly.

Kindly sort out the problem and resolve!                                                                     

UK
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Kindly sort out the problem and resolve!                                                                     

That sounds like something you would say to a shop that sold you something faulty. There is no obligation on anyone here to sort out any problems - we are all volunteers that give our time for free.

Having said that,  I think this question would be more appropriate in the Project Guidance section. This area is for problems with programs that communicate between an Arduino and a PC. I will suggest to the moderator that it be moved.

Have you successfully uploaded any other programs?
Is this the only one that causes a problem?
Has this program compiled properly?
What operating system is on your PC?
What version of the Arduino IDE are you using?
have you the shield connected to the Mega while you are uploading?
have you tried uploading without the shield attached?

...R

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: