Go Down

Topic: DMX on Arduino DUE (DMXSimple/DMXSerial) (Read 2399 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi, does anyone know if the DUE works with any DMX library and Shield?

They seem to work with AVR libs that are not available (in 1.5.1)..

I have the same problem / question. Any help would be great!

I have exactly the same question.

I talk especially to the Arduino team, it's good to get out an Arduino DUE powerful, but if you don't create compatible libraries...

I bought an Arduino DUE and I can make anything.

I understand that you don't have time to recreate all existing libraries, but in this case you could make a tutorial that explains how to create a library.

Apart from that, you do a great job and I love Arduino, thank you !

I'd love to know about this too (both TX and RX) - I am thinking of buying a Due :@)
while (z--) { snoreEvenLouder(); }
www.smartshow.lighting - www.dmx512.lighting

after one year, no answer from community?

(just new here, and same question comes to me!)

Hy Guys,

What I see in this case is that Arduino Due can only supports 3.3 v in the i/o. So, dmx works with 5v.

I supose that It can works with the correct resistances... but it is a little dangerous.

Mr Pacheko,

Not quite, I am sure there are several 3.3v RS485 interface chips available on the market (like the LTC1480) - you would need to have this interface chip between the Arduino pins and the DMX outside world. DMX works on a differential bus system and not 0-5v as you stated.

I have been using SN75176, which I believe will work at 3.3v but I havent tested it

while (z--) { snoreEvenLouder(); }
www.smartshow.lighting - www.dmx512.lighting

One year later I have the same Question.
Is there already an solution how to use the Arduino DUE as an DMX interface? Or is there already a ported libery?

What is the issue - it has a UART and GPIO, that's all you need, surely?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up