Go Down

Topic: Apple Remote's repeat code (Read 550 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello.

I am working on a small project that uses an IR led to send Apple Remote - IR-codes to control a docked iPhone's music player.

I am sending out IR commands using AppleRemote -code (a code similar to this: http://media.pragprog.com/titles/msard/code/RemoteControl/AppleRemote/AppleRemote.pde but it has defined the repeat code, too, as 0xFFFFFFFF). I can use that for sending individual commands and that works just fine, but how can I do repeat? I mean like fast forwarding a track, that on AppleRemote works holding down the next -key.

Most google results I have come across say that I should first send the code I want, followed by the repeat code (0xFFFFFFFF) but I can't get that working. I have tried a blank scetch with just the necessary things and sending the two commands with irsend.sendNEC.

Sending just the next -key code repeatedly just makes the iPhone to jump a hundred tracks forward. Sending the repeat code doesn't seem to do anything.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy