Go Down

Topic: My Arduino Doesn't Connect to the Computer (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

leol

Please help!
I've been using Arduino for a while now (3 months) and recently I was trying to control some motors with the arduino via serial connection (aka USB).  The code was fine and without an external powersource the motors responded fine, but didn't move fast.  So I hooked the arduino up to an external power source (18v) and controlled the motors via the computer and USB.  It worked, however after a couple minutes the computer crashed and after I rebooted it, when I plugged the Arduino in again the power went on, but the computer did not read the Arduino.  I thought it was the cable so I got a new one, but the second cable didn't work either.  Can someone please help.  I can't do anything if I cannot upload code onto my arduino!
Thanks a lot for your help!

Nick_Pyner

It could be a power problem, or the results of one. Try running the Arduino with  some simple hello world example, not involving any motors or the like, and off another USB port.

I had several power problems when I changed the mother board. The new one was less tolerant about USB power.

leol

My arduino doesn't connect to teh computer at all.  I cannot upload any code to it what so ever.  So unfortunately I cannot follow your advice.

Nick_Pyner

Does the PC do d-ding when you connect the Arduino? If not, do other things work OK in that USB port?

leol

No, the PC doesn;t do the sound.  But other devices work on the USB ports.  Evry port is functining fine, but my arduino doesn't work on any.

Go Up