Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino uno problem  (Read 513 times)
Australia
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am new to this I received a arduino uno yesterday I pluged it into my laptop and the green light came on and the an orange light next to pin 13 that flashes on and off I went into device manager under usb it show that there is something pluged in but said unknown device I tried in my other laptop same thing then tryed pc all running windows 7 same thing I been online looking at different ways but same thing it just doesnt know what is pluged in I think it is faulty if iam wrong  could you let me pls cause its driveing me nuts ?

View Profile

Have you tried updating the drivers manually?

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows

Check out the fourth item in this guide.

I admittedly do not know much about Arduino yet, but I THINK that may be the issue?

Hope this helps!

-SB

Dee Why NSW
Edison Member
View Profile

Most Arduinos come with a blinking LED programme pre-loaded. This will run as soon as power is connected, so there is nothing to worry about. I guess you have not read the instructions and installed the driver, and that is all you need to do. This does not stop the Arduino running but it does stop you doing anything else with it.

Australia
View Profile

I went all through all the arduino setup information download the auduino program but nothing I went  into device manager with auduino plugged in
same it comes up where it should say auduino uno it said Unknown device which I click on comes up with little box with it says update driver which i try
auto search which it wont do and tried the manual way as well say it cant do either cause it says same thing unknown device cannot update or install I know a little about computers something not wright all I want to do is use arduino uno for some projects this problem is putting me off ?

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

I went all through all the arduino setup information download the auduino program but nothing I went  into device manager with auduino plugged in
same it comes up where it should say auduino uno it said Unknown device which I click on comes up with little box with it says update driver which i try
auto search which it wont do and tried the manual way as well say it cant do either cause it says same thing unknown device cannot update or install I know a little about computers something not wright all I want to do is use arduino uno for some projects this problem is putting me off ?

You must use the manual method and you must then show windows exactly where the arduino Uno usb driver software is located. There are now many different arduino usb drivers choices to support all the different types of arduino boards there are now, however you must point windows to the specific correct one, so review the installation instructions so you can perform this operation correctly, as nothing further can be done with the board until the proper Uno usb software driver is installed.

Lefty

Washington
God Member
Firefox & Arduino rocks
View Profile

I just pointed windows towards my Arduino installation directory and it found the correct driver automatically.

Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

Australia
View Profile

Thanks to everyone who replied I just got driver loaded typed location into driver update and it worked
Thanks again .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: