Go Down

Topic: Lie Detector (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

PeterH

Using these three measurements simultaneously, we are hoping to be able to consistently detect a liar with conclusive results. 

Good for you. Personally I don't think you have a hope in hell, but you should have fun trying.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Magician

Technology has yet to be able to produce a true lie detector.
It does, detector based on voice stress analysis. Don't get be caught, not taking seriously phone interview next time. :)  Early version from 90's  detected  8-16 Hz speech modulation.

retrolefty

Feb 02, 2013, 04:44 pm Last Edit: Feb 02, 2013, 04:45 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1

Technology has yet to be able to produce a true lie detector.
It does, detector based on voice stress analysis. Don't get be caught, not taking seriously phone interview next time. :)  Early version from 90's  detected  8-16 Hz speech modulation.

Still not admissible in court by prosecution or defence, why is that? Stress is not a lie, it's just a measurement of stress. Humans have wide variation of how much and why they might display stress in any given situation. Some people have mental illness such that they have no normal response to such testing methods.

I have read in the past that some have been experimenting with real time Cat Scanning of the brain as a lie detector method with claims of some degree of to success in 'lie detection', but not sure that it's been blessed as a fool proof method yet? Probably not a practical solution as Cat Scans require subject to be completely immobilized as any physical movement makes the data garbage. Probably would cost a fortune also.  ;)

Lefty

djjoshuad

perhaps not admittable as evidence, but still very much used in probation and other parts of the US penal system.  I have a very good friend who has his probation revoked and is in prison right now b/c of "inconclusive" polygraph tests (not failed, inconclusive).  It's sad, but true.

Shpaget

I consider polygraph to be part of scare tactics. They want you to think it's more accurate and conclusive than it really is in hopes you freak out, spill your guts and confess everything.

Go Up