Go Down

Topic: Any interested in Mega barebone? (Read 3353 times) previous topic - next topic

Daniel

Feb 02, 2013, 08:04 am Last Edit: Feb 02, 2013, 10:16 am by Daniel Reason: 1
Hello.

We have a Mega barebone on sale for €49 excl. tax and shipping.

Atmega2560
16MHz
Arduino bootloader programmable via FT232 USB
PTC Fuse
16MHz
Fully assembled

Contact me if you are interested.

/Daniel

retrolefty

I see you followed the official arduino mega design in that you don't breakout 16 of the I/O pins, is there a reason you did that?

Lefty

Daniel

I see you followed the official arduino mega design in that you don't breakout 16 of the I/O pins, is there a reason you did that?

Lefty

Hi Lefty

The main reason is to follow the Arduino standard but it is also a design issue. I can't see any reson to have more than 64 i/o on this small breadboard.

Daniel

retrolefty

Lefty

Hi Lefty

The main reason is to follow the Arduino standard but it is also a design issue. I can't see any reson to have more than 64 i/o on this small breadboard.

Daniel

I understand that, but I'm always somewhat disappointed when a module/board supplier doesn't allow the user access to a chips full complement of features. I understand that design decisions almost always have to make trade-off decisions at times, however I will usually pick the design that allow full access, as when I selected the Seeeduino mega1280 board over the original arduino mega1280 board for just that reason.

Lefty

robtillaart

I see an amount in €'s
Which Country?
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Daniel

I see an amount in €'s
Which Country?

We are actually from Sweden but we give prices in Euro so it's easier for everyone to calculate ;)

I have made a website for our two pcb's on http://www.expansionboard.org. I will post updates and some info about us later on.

RudiAhlers

This looks very interesting. How many serial ports does it have?

Daniel

This looks very interesting. How many serial ports does it have?

Hello Rudi.

This board has all of the 4 UART from the AtMega2560. So basically you have 5 UART including SoftwareSerial.

/Daniel

Go Up