KIckstarter of the week - USB micro led cable!

The micro USB is the most difficult of all the USB connectors to connect properly. I hate it. This will not only throw a little light on the problem but will provide a method of knowing the orientation of the connector without having to study the end.

Presumably the design of the lightning connector was driven by the above observations, ie as connectors get smaller it becomes more and more convenient for users to eliminate orientation issues. Obvious visual cues (such as the oblong shape of a IEC power connector) are not as obvious when things get tiny.

Constantin:
Presumably the design of the lightning connector was driven by the above observations, ie as connectors get smaller it becomes more and more convenient for users to eliminate orientation issues. Obvious visual cues (such as the oblong shape of a IEC power connector) are not as obvious when things get tiny.

The lightning connector can be correctly mated in the light or dark, eyes wide open or shut, drunk or sober :), and it seats with such a satisfying "chunk". It gets my vote for the perfect miniature charger connector. No LED necessary.

This is merely a usb cable with 30cents led and probably a 300ohm resistor, not exactly a new concept, besides i have issues finding the usb cable in the dark to begin with...

cjdelphi:
This is merely a usb cable with 30cents led and probably a 300ohm resistor, not exactly a new concept, besides i have issues finding the usb cable in the dark to begin with...

They could make the housing out of glow-in-the-dark plastic. :slight_smile:

Or get a keychain LED light and put it on your charging cable.

"Computer, turn on room light." :wink:

liudr:
"Computer, turn on room light." :wink:

I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

"clap clap"
plug in cable
"clap clap"

Yea, a trivial kind of dumb product. That of course means the inventor will become a millionaire next month once the iPhone rat pack discovers it as the next 'big thing' in the way of garnish for their baby.

retrolefty:
Yea, a trivial kind of dumb product. That of course means the inventor will become a millionaire next month once the iPhone rat pack discovers it as the next 'big thing' in the way of garnish for their baby.

Except it won't fit any of the iPhones. The Lightning connector on the latest iDevices makes the problem moot for them anyway.

PapaG:

retrolefty:

Except it won't fit any of the iPhones. The Lightning connector on the latest iDevices makes the problem moot for them anyway.

Shows what I know about cell phones. I haven't even turned my on in two months, couldn't tell you the brand from memory but it's a T-mobile prepaid type. It lives in my jacket pocket and is for MY emergencies only, over 5 years it's cost me about $5 a month. I just turn it on mostly to check the battery level.

You live in a hole, lefty. The new iphones/androids come standard with impulsive shopping interface.

Get ready for the Samsung Galaxy IIII (Yes Samsung Galaxy 4) set to hit the shelves in April :slight_smile:

cjdelphi:
Get ready for the Samsung Galaxy IIII (Yes Samsung Galaxy 4) set to hit the shelves in April :slight_smile:

Yes, I heard it will come with a charging cord with a LED on both ends! :slight_smile:

PapaG:

cjdelphi:

Yes, I heard it will come with a charging cord with a LED on both ends! :slight_smile:

Now that's real progress.

cjdelphi:

Man! I hate you! I just bought the III and I also felt like an idiot after thinking you wrote a III. I didn't know I can't count twigs.

after thinking you wrote a III. I didn't know I can't count twigs.

The romans found that out to when they entered IIII, that's why they invented the V :slight_smile:

So maybe if you dissect a human you find two wiimote prototype cameras that only track 3 dots instead of 4 dots each?!

Hacked a VCR before?

robtillaart:

after thinking you wrote a III. I didn't know I can't count twigs.

The romans found that out to when they entered IIII, that's why they invented the V :slight_smile:

The V was invented for that precise reason, but at a push, i'm sure i could get away with IIII :stuck_out_tongue:

but yes, it's VI or IV which deducts from which again?...