Go Down

Topic: KIckstarter of the week - USB micro led cable! (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

Constantin

Presumably the design of the lightning connector was driven by the above observations, ie as connectors get smaller it becomes more and more convenient for users to eliminate orientation issues. Obvious visual cues (such as the oblong shape of a IEC power connector) are not as obvious when things get tiny.

Papa G

Presumably the design of the lightning connector was driven by the above observations, ie as connectors get smaller it becomes more and more convenient for users to eliminate orientation issues. Obvious visual cues (such as the oblong shape of a IEC power connector) are not as obvious when things get tiny.

The lightning connector can be correctly mated in the light or dark, eyes wide open or shut, drunk or sober  :), and it seats with such a satisfying "chunk". It gets my vote for the perfect miniature charger connector. No LED necessary.

cjdelphi

This is merely a usb cable with 30cents led and probably a 300ohm resistor, not exactly a new concept, besides i have issues finding the usb cable in the dark to begin with...

Papa G

This is merely a usb cable with 30cents led and probably a 300ohm resistor, not exactly a new concept, besides i have issues finding the usb cable in the dark to begin with...

They could make the housing out of glow-in-the-dark plastic.  :)

CrossRoads

Or get a keychain LED light and put it on your charging cable.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up