Go Down

Topic: arduino due and ESC (Read 563 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello, I bought an arduino leonardo and with my project (quadcopter) i cant use all of pwm pins because of the wifi shield. Im not sure if I should buy the arduino mega or due. I know that due is working on 3.3v instead of 5v. My question is, does an ESC can work under 3.3v I know its only a kind of "pulse" that the board is sending. If its must be a 5v signal then ill buy the mega but for the same price with better performance I would like to take the Due if possible. Thank you!

MarkT

ESCs take servo-style signals, for which you use the Servo library (which drives upto 12 pins, any pins).

ESCs expect 5V, unless you can find a datasheet you only have experimental means of determining
if a particular ESC will handle 3.3V servo signals.  Given there's lots of electronic noise around an ESC I'd recommend
not trusting to this and use a level converter to give 5V servo signals - much better noise-margin.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

tawandapro

Yes esc's work with arduino and servo library. You can power your esc with a lipo and power the arduino through the bec.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy