Go Down

Topic: Signal generation with Excel (Read 830 times) previous topic - next topic

jtw11

Feb 10, 2013, 12:18 am Last Edit: Feb 10, 2013, 12:20 am by jtw11 Reason: 1
Hi all,

There's not really a place to put this thread, but I figured this would be the best place - as it's generally to do with electronics.

I'm stimulating a circuit using a signal generator (I got a Digilent Analog Discovery the other day, and am just fiddling with some bits), and can program any waveform I want with a .csv file. My signal will be one full period of a sine wave, then quite a large variation of a sine wave, followed by a normal sine wave period again.

So, I want to generate the y values for the sine wave in one column given values of x in another column - but, I can't for the life of me figure out how to generate just one period of a sine wave, and thus its values of y for x. It would seem 0 to 6.something gives one period. So I suppose the question here, is what decimal value of x gives a complete sine period?

Then, i'm also faced with the challenge - really I need about 1000 y values of the sine period for good resolution out of the signal generator.

Any ideas? :)

el_supremo

It would seem 0 to 6.something gives one period

More precisely, one period is two PI = 6.28318531

really I need about 1000 y values of the sine period

The formula would be sin(2*PI*i/1000) where i varies from zero to 999.

Pete

jtw11

Of course, now I feel somewhat stupid. Thanks very much!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy