Go Down

Topic: Q on Wii Balance board bluetooth hack (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

PhilUWB

Hi frienduinos,

I am working on a project that is going to use a Wii balance board to act as a game controller. The WBB uses a Bluetooth chip to transmit its processed strain gauge data; does anyone know how I might hack it to make it non-bluetooth?   i.e., instead of feeding the sampled and digitized data into the BT chip for transmission, it travels down a cable to a PC serial port? Is it as simple as desoldering the BT chip and soldering wires on the Tx/Rx, +5v, gnd, etc pins (or whatever configuration it uses)?

Also, does anyone have a decent schematic for one of these Wii balance boards? (can't find one on web anywhere).

Cheers,

Phil

:) :D :)

PhilUWB

Hi,

sorry to bump this to the top but I am keen to draw from the tinkerers & experts out there with knowledge and/or experience with the Wii fit balance board. All comments very welcome!!!

Phil :P

short

Hi.

Did you succeed with your project? I need to do the same thing as you asked in this post. Could you help me with this?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy