Go Down

Topic: DC MOTOR + LM35 (Read 346 times) previous topic - next topic

LoadzFire

Hi,

I've got a project : I want to move a motor one time per day with the LM35 temperature sensor.
My problem is : the motor turn randomly.
Here is my code

Code: [Select]
int val;
int tempPin = A0;
boolean volet;

void setup()
{

pinMode(12, OUTPUT); //Initiates Motor Channel A pin
pinMode(8, OUTPUT); //Initiates Brake Channel A pin
Serial.begin(9600);
//digitalWrite(12, LOW); //Establishes backward direction of Channel A
//digitalWrite(9, LOW);   //Disengage the Brake for Channel A
//analogWrite(3, 0);   //Spins the motor on Channel A at half speed

}
void loop()
{
//START TEMPERATURE
val = analogRead(tempPin);
float mv = ( val/1024.0)*5000;
float cel = mv/10;

Serial.print("TEMPRATURE = ");
Serial.print(cel);
Serial.print("C");
Serial.print(" ");

delay(5000);
//END TEMPERATURE

//START MOTOR
if ((cel < 22) && (volet = false)) //- 21 degres (temperature)
{
  digitalWrite(12, HIGH); //Establishes backward direction of Channel A
  digitalWrite(8, LOW);   //Disengage the Brake for Channel A
  analogWrite(3, 100);   //Spins the motor on Channel A at half speed
  delay(5000);
  analogWrite(3, 0);   //ARRETER LE MOTEUR
  volet = true;
  delay(1000);
  Serial.println("voletferme");

}
if ((cel > 25) && (volet = true)) // + 25 degres (temperature)
{
  digitalWrite(12, LOW); //Establishes backward direction of Channel A
  digitalWrite(8, HIGH);   //Disengage the Brake for Channel A
  analogWrite(3, 100);   //Spins the motor on Channel A at half speed
  delay(5000);
  analogWrite(3, 0);   //ARRETER MOTEUR
  volet = false;
  delay(1000);
  Serial.println("voletouvert");

}
//END MOTOR
}

So someone can help me on this project ?

Here is my schema

Smajdalf

I don't know what board is on your picture so I don't know if the motor is wired correctly (you cannot connect motors to regular Arduino directly). But you have at least 2 mistakes in your code.

1)
if (myVal = 17) is WRONG
if (myVal == 17) is correct

2)
What part of your code is supposed to provide "one time per day" part? I don't see it.

Also you should include the picture into your post, there is a guide for it somewhere.
On 8-bit (i.e. Uno) use "byte" instead of "int" if possible - it is faster and saves resources!

756E6C

Sounds like you are getting "jitter" from the LM35, first try a load resistor (1k to 3.3k) from A0 to GND, if that doesn't help, try a 0.1uF (100nF) ceramic capacitor in parallel with the resistor, if that doesn't help, remove the resistor, if all of the above don't help, you may need a "smoothing" algorithm.

LoadzFire

I don't know what board is on your picture so I don't know if the motor is wired correctly (you cannot connect motors to regular Arduino directly). But you have at least 2 mistakes in your code.

1)
if (myVal = 17) is WRONG
if (myVal == 17) is correct

ok thank
2)
What part of your code is supposed to provide "one time per day" part? I don't see it.

Also you should include the picture into your post, there is a guide for it somewhere.

I want to know how i can do my code on time per day only (this part is not in my code, i want to add it but i dont know how).
Sounds like you are getting "jitter" from the LM35, first try a load resistor (1k to 3.3k) from A0 to GND, if that doesn't help, try a 0.1uF (100nF) ceramic capacitor in parallel with the resistor, if that doesn't help, remove the resistor, if all of the above don't help, you may need a "smoothing" algorithm.
Ok i will try with a resistor ^^

756E6C

Smajdalf

It depends on expected accurancy, time of running etc. You have many options.

1) Use a RTC.
2) Use internal timing to know it is a new day. It will drift a bit but I doubt it will matter if the motor runs 400 times in 399 days.
3) Use a sensor to know it is a new day (possibly some detection of light).

Also what exacly means one time per day? Exactly once between 2 midnights (if it is not triggered sooner it MUST run at 23:59:59)? Up to once? No sooner than 24 hours from last run? Not longer than 24 hours from last run?
On 8-bit (i.e. Uno) use "byte" instead of "int" if possible - it is faster and saves resources!

LoadzFire

It depends on expected accurancy, time of running etc. You have many options.

1) Use a RTC.
2) Use internal timing to know it is a new day. It will drift a bit but I doubt it will matter if the motor runs 400 times in 399 days.
3) Use a sensor to know it is a new day (possibly some detection of light).

Also what exacly means one time per day? Exactly once between 2 midnights (if it is not triggered sooner it MUST run at 23:59:59)? Up to once? No sooner than 24 hours from last run? Not longer than 24 hours from last run?
I want (I'm not sure it's possible) my code (for the motor) run one time per day max, but it will also be possible that the motor does not run for a day.

Go Up