Go Down

Topic: USB to Serial for custom Arduino (Read 404 times) previous topic - next topic

bratan

I want to add USB to Serial (to program chip) to my custom PCB (ATMega644p) so I don't have use FTDI adapter.  What would be least expensive solution? Preferably thru the hole and as little footprint as possible....
I looked at ATmega8U2 that's used by Uno boards, and was hoping there's something easier to implement out there... :)
Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info :)

CrossRoads

CP2102 module with DTR connected to 0.1uF cap to the reset pin.

MIKROE483 from mouser.com is one of the least expensive non-ebay solutions for an FTDI module.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/mikroElektronika/MIKROE-483/?qs=%2fha2pyFadugsEwyLV5fFyIWdPbushEDhRSvnBE0ODG8%3d

Here's one on a card I made
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

bratan

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info :)

Go Up