Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: USB to Serial for custom Arduino  (Read 333 times)
New York
xronosclock.com
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I want to add USB to Serial (to program chip) to my custom PCB (ATMega644p) so I don't have use FTDI adapter.  What would be least expensive solution? Preferably thru the hole and as little footprint as possible....
I looked at ATmega8U2 that's used by Uno boards, and was hoping there's something easier to implement out there... smiley

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info smiley

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

CP2102 module with DTR connected to 0.1uF cap to the reset pin.

MIKROE483 from mouser.com is one of the least expensive non-ebay solutions for an FTDI module.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/mikroElektronika/MIKROE-483/?qs=%2fha2pyFadugsEwyLV5fFyIWdPbushEDhRSvnBE0ODG8%3d

Here's one on a card I made

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

New York
xronosclock.com
View Profile

Not bad! Thank you!

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: