Go Down

Topic: USB to Serial for custom Arduino (Read 489 times) previous topic - next topic

bratan

I want to add USB to Serial (to program chip) to my custom PCB (ATMega644p) so I don't have use FTDI adapter.  What would be least expensive solution? Preferably thru the hole and as little footprint as possible....
I looked at ATmega8U2 that's used by Uno boards, and was hoping there's something easier to implement out there... :)
Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info :)

CrossRoads

CP2102 module with DTR connected to 0.1uF cap to the reset pin.

MIKROE483 from mouser.com is one of the least expensive non-ebay solutions for an FTDI module.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/mikroElektronika/MIKROE-483/?qs=%2fha2pyFadugsEwyLV5fFyIWdPbushEDhRSvnBE0ODG8%3d

Here's one on a card I made
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

bratan

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy