Go Down

Topic: AtTiny84 BootLoader (Read 687 times) previous topic - next topic

kculm

Before I get gigged for starting a post with one already open. It is not the same question.

HI all. I have a post open in the forum LED Cube Sketch and atTiny84. Where as I am having an issue with the sketch.

Now I am thinking that I may be porgraming the At84 wrong. I have programmed a lot of the atTiny85 and I know how to do it. I looked at the pin outs on 84 and they are right.
But when I try to burn the boot loader I get this.

Code: [Select]
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Any Ideas.

Thanks/

PeterH

I don't know, but that looks like the sort of error that occurs when one uploads a sketch (with the cooperation of the bootloader) and the uploader/bootloader cooperation fails. Are you sure you're using the correct technique for uploading bootloaders rather than sketches? If so, perhaps you could recap what you're doing.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Coding Badly

If it isn't wiring, it's clocking.  Did you change the fuses to use an external clock (like a crystal)?

torriem

Feb 04, 2013, 08:29 pm Last Edit: Feb 04, 2013, 08:34 pm by torriem Reason: 1
I have never used a bootloader on the AtTiny85 that I am playing with.  I just write the project hex file to it directly in a writer circuit using avrdude, then put my chip in the circuit.

But in any case, I had no luck writing my hex file initially until I passed avrdude the "-B 3" flag.  I am not sure what this does, exactly, but I had to do it at least once on every AtTiny85 I tried.  EDIT: I have never used externally clocked AtTiny's so I have never changed the fuses, so what I did may have nothing to do with your bootloader problem.

kculm

I cant even get the Blink sketch to work on the atTiny84.  I have no issues with programing the 85.

error I get when porgraming 84.

this is what I get
Code: [Select]
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny84 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=101 -IC:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny -IC:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\variants\tinyX4 C:\Users\TECHSU~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build7040518495562487047.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\TECHSU~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build7040518495562487047.tmp\Blink.cpp.o
In file included from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:159,
                 from Blink.cpp:10:
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:80:1: warning: "portOutputRegister" redefined
In file included from Blink.cpp:10:
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:140:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:159,
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:81:1: warning: "portInputRegister" redefined
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:141:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:82:1: warning: "portModeRegister" redefined
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:142:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:188:1: warning: "HAVE_ADC" redefined
In file included from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:33,
                 from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:159,
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/core_build_options.h:91:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:60: error: conflicting declaration 'const uint8_t port_to_mode_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:123: error: 'port_to_mode_PGM' has a previous declaration as 'const uint16_t port_to_mode_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:61: error: conflicting declaration 'const uint8_t port_to_input_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:124: error: 'port_to_input_PGM' has a previous declaration as 'const uint16_t port_to_input_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:62: error: conflicting declaration 'const uint8_t port_to_output_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:125: error: 'port_to_output_PGM' has a previous declaration as 'const uint16_t port_to_output_PGM []'

Go Up