Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: AtTiny84 BootLoader  (Read 631 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Before I get gigged for starting a post with one already open. It is not the same question.

HI all. I have a post open in the forum LED Cube Sketch and atTiny84. Where as I am having an issue with the sketch.

Now I am thinking that I may be porgraming the At84 wrong. I have programmed a lot of the atTiny85 and I know how to do it. I looked at the pin outs on 84 and they are right.
But when I try to burn the boot loader I get this.

Code:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Any Ideas.

Thanks/

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

I don't know, but that looks like the sort of error that occurs when one uploads a sketch (with the cooperation of the bootloader) and the uploader/bootloader cooperation fails. Are you sure you're using the correct technique for uploading bootloaders rather than sketches? If so, perhaps you could recap what you're doing.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

If it isn't wiring, it's clocking.  Did you change the fuses to use an external clock (like a crystal)?

View Profile

I have never used a bootloader on the AtTiny85 that I am playing with.  I just write the project hex file to it directly in a writer circuit using avrdude, then put my chip in the circuit.

But in any case, I had no luck writing my hex file initially until I passed avrdude the "-B 3" flag.  I am not sure what this does, exactly, but I had to do it at least once on every AtTiny85 I tried.  EDIT: I have never used externally clocked AtTiny's so I have never changed the fuses, so what I did may have nothing to do with your bootloader problem.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:34:37 pm by torriem » Logged

View Profile

I cant even get the Blink sketch to work on the atTiny84.  I have no issues with programing the 85.

error I get when porgraming 84.

this is what I get
Code:
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny84 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=101 -IC:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny -IC:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\variants\tinyX4 C:\Users\TECHSU~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build7040518495562487047.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\TECHSU~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build7040518495562487047.tmp\Blink.cpp.o
In file included from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:159,
                 from Blink.cpp:10:
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:80:1: warning: "portOutputRegister" redefined
In file included from Blink.cpp:10:
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:140:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:159,
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:81:1: warning: "portInputRegister" redefined
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:141:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:82:1: warning: "portModeRegister" redefined
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:142:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:188:1: warning: "HAVE_ADC" redefined
In file included from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:33,
                 from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:159,
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/core_build_options.h:91:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:60: error: conflicting declaration 'const uint8_t port_to_mode_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:123: error: 'port_to_mode_PGM' has a previous declaration as 'const uint16_t port_to_mode_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:61: error: conflicting declaration 'const uint8_t port_to_input_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:124: error: 'port_to_input_PGM' has a previous declaration as 'const uint16_t port_to_input_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/pins_arduino.h:62: error: conflicting declaration 'const uint8_t port_to_output_PGM []'
C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:125: error: 'port_to_output_PGM' has a previous declaration as 'const uint16_t port_to_output_PGM []'

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

In file included from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:159,...

http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/source/browse/trunk/hardware/tiny/cores/tiny/Arduino.h

Arduino.h only has six lines.  If you are using the Tiny Core, I suspect something is wrong with the installation.

If you are not using the Tiny Core, you will have to get assistance from the author.

View Profile

In file included from C:\Users\techsupport\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Arduino.h:159,...

http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/source/browse/trunk/hardware/tiny/cores/tiny/Arduino.h

Arduino.h only has six lines.  If you are using the Tiny Core, I suspect something is wrong with the installation.

If you are not using the Tiny Core, you will have to get assistance from the author.

Looks like that was it.

Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: