Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Programming with Simulink 2014a  (Read 993 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello.
Recently, Mathworks released support package for Arduino Due with simulink 2014a.

I tried to compile with simulink 2014a and there was an compile error regarding 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe'.
I cannot figure out the reason of that compile error.
I tried to do same thing on different PCs but most of the PCs failed compiling with an same error except one.

Is there are solution to solve this problem?

Below is the error massage from Simulink diagnostic viewer.

<Code Generation>

The call to realtime_make_rtw_hook, during the after_make hook generated the following error:
The build failed with the following message: "C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino/include" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino/blocks/sfcn/include" -I"C:/Users/biorobotics/Documents/MATLAB/arduinodue_gettingstarted_rtt" -I"C:/Users/biorobotics/Documents/MATLAB" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduinodue/arduinoduedemos" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/extern/include" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/simulink/include" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/system/libsam" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/system/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/cores/arduino" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/cores/arduino/USB" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/variants/arduino_due_x" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/libraries/Servo/src" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/libraries/Servo/arch/sam" -c -g -Os -w -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -I. -D"MODEL=arduinodue_gettingstarted" -D"NUMST=1" -D"NCSTATES=0" -D"HAVESTDIO=" -D"ONESTEPFCN=0" -D"TERMFCN=1" -D"MAT_FILE=0" -D"MULTI_INSTANCE_CODE=0" -D"INTEGER_CODE=0" -D"MT=0" -D"CLASSIC_INTERFACE=0" -D"ALLOCATIONFCN=0" -D"TID01EQ=0" -D"printf=iprintf" -D"F_CPU=84000000" -D"_RUNONTARGETHARDWARE_BUILD_=" -D"_ROTH_DUE_=" -D"ARDUINO=154" -D"ARDUINO_SAM_DUE=" -D"ARDUINO_ARCH_SAM=" -D"__SAM3X8E__=" -D"USB_PID=0x003e" -D"USB_VID=0x2341" -D"USBCON=" -D"_RTT_NUMSERVOS_=0" ./IPAddress.cpp ./Print.cpp ./Reset.cpp ./RingBuffer.cpp ./Stream.cpp ./UARTClass.cpp ./USARTClass.cpp ./CDC.cpp ./HID.cpp ./USBCore.cpp ./WInterrupts.c ./WMath.cpp ./WString.cpp ./cortex_handlers.c ./cxxabi-compat.cpp ./hooks.c ./iar_calls_sam3.c ./itoa.c ./syscalls_sam3.c ./wiring.c ./wiring_analog.c ./wiring_digital.c ./wiring_pulse.cpp ./wiring_shift.c ./variant.cpp ./io_wrappers.cpp ./arduinodue_gettingstarted.c ./arduinodue_gettingstarted_data.c ./ert_main.c

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
cs-make: *** [IPAddress.o] Error 255

The build process will terminate as a result.

The build failed with the following message: "C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino/include" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino/blocks/sfcn/include" -I"C:/Users/biorobotics/Documents/MATLAB/arduinodue_gettingstarted_rtt" -I"C:/Users/biorobotics/Documents/MATLAB" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduinodue/arduinoduedemos" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/extern/include" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/simulink/include" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2014a/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/system/libsam" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/system/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/cores/arduino" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/cores/arduino/USB" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/hardware/arduino/sam/variants/arduino_due_x" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/libraries/Servo/src" -I"C:/MATLAB/SupportPackages/R2014a/arduino-1.5.4/libraries/Servo/arch/sam" -c -g -Os -w -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -I. -D"MODEL=arduinodue_gettingstarted" -D"NUMST=1" -D"NCSTATES=0" -D"HAVESTDIO=" -D"ONESTEPFCN=0" -D"TERMFCN=1" -D"MAT_FILE=0" -D"MULTI_INSTANCE_CODE=0" -D"INTEGER_CODE=0" -D"MT=0" -D"CLASSIC_INTERFACE=0" -D"ALLOCATIONFCN=0" -D"TID01EQ=0" -D"printf=iprintf" -D"F_CPU=84000000" -D"_RUNONTARGETHARDWARE_BUILD_=" -D"_ROTH_DUE_=" -D"ARDUINO=154" -D"ARDUINO_SAM_DUE=" -D"ARDUINO_ARCH_SAM=" -D"__SAM3X8E__=" -D"USB_PID=0x003e" -D"USB_VID=0x2341" -D"USBCON=" -D"_RTT_NUMSERVOS_=0" ./IPAddress.cpp ./Print.cpp ./Reset.cpp ./RingBuffer.cpp ./Stream.cpp ./UARTClass.cpp ./USARTClass.cpp ./CDC.cpp ./HID.cpp ./USBCore.cpp ./WInterrupts.c ./WMath.cpp ./WString.cpp ./cortex_handlers.c ./cxxabi-compat.cpp ./hooks.c ./iar_calls_sam3.c ./itoa.c ./syscalls_sam3.c ./wiring.c ./wiring_analog.c ./wiring_digital.c ./wiring_pulse.cpp ./wiring_shift.c ./variant.cpp ./io_wrappers.cpp ./arduinodue_gettingstarted.c ./arduinodue_gettingstarted_data.c ./ert_main.c

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
cs-make: *** [IPAddress.o] Error 255

View Profile

It doesn't look like an issue in the Arduino Due support package. Looks like the compiler arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe is corrupted or some problem with the PC environment which is causing termination of arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe execution.
Similar bugs are reported in web on arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe crashing anb below link points to one of it.
http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/stellaris_arm/f/471/t/45369.aspx?pi171693=1
Please try to remove .NET contents and reinstall it. Then try depolying the Arduino Due model.

View Profile

Hye

I can't solve your problem because I have the same :-)
I reported this problem to the Matlab support in France, and hope they will find a solution.
I'll post their answer when I will receive it.

Have you encountered any other problem while programming others Arduino targets with this matlab version ?
Because, we have, here in my school, some problems of stability with simulink (all the blocks in library browser sometime disappear for example or slx file in the working folder is deleted after closing simulink...).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: