Go Down

Topic: 350Mhz RF Remote. I know there is 315mhz and 433mhz. (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

Mysticle31

Hey guys. 

I'm working on a project to control my ceiling fans from a PC or Arduino.  It's a part of a larger home automation project. 

I would like to capture the RF signal generated by my Hunter Ceiling fan remote for Light Toggle, Fan Slow, Fan Med, Fan High..etc and then use a PC or Arduino to broadcast that signal and control my fan. 

I've read about projects like that working on 315mhz garage door/power gate remotes nicely using Arduino an 315Mhz or 433Mhz RF adapter . 

My hunter says it operates on 350mhz on it's box.  Any solutions here?  I could always use a relay board and just wire them directly to the remote to simulate button presses.  I'd like a cleaner solution. 

Retroplayer

Playing with the coils a bit on one of these might detune it enough to get to 350Mhz. The limitation is that the transmitters on these modules are in a can so you really can't do much to the circuit itself. There are plenty of circuits on the internet however which you can tune anyway you want. I have even seen 555 timers being used. Is it AM or FM?

mauried

Most small remotes use a SAW resonater to determine the frequency they use, and they arnt adjustable.
If its on 350 Mhz , you will have to source a 350 Mhz receiver or make one.

Mysticle31

According to the FCCID it's 350Mhz.  I assume it's FM. 

Well, it looks like I'm going to use relays to simulate button presses!  :).

Retroplayer

OP, by any chance is the remote using a module? If so, just remove it from the remote.

I have several of these modules that I pulled out of remote outlets and remotes when they stopped working.

Go Up